Below is our finished music video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click the image below to view our finished website

Friday 23 September 2016

HW 1b - Reflections on your film still (BLK)

My Film Still

  1. My film still signifies the horror genre, due to the very dark lighting and the character hiding beneath a table. The dark lighting portrays an eerie feeling which is a very common portrayal within horror films. Furthermore, the audience is unaware of the reasoning behind the characters actions to hide under the tables; this makes them anxious and fearful for her. These emotions are very commonly felt for a victim within a horror film.
  2. I directed the shop to create suspense and an eerie feeling by turning of all the lights in the hallway and then slightly opening the door in order to allow a few beams of light enter the shot. The beams of light could be viewed as the entering of the villain or to show how far away the victim is from the light (which is usually associated with safety); these suggestions both help signify the horror genre. In addition to this, the High Angle shot makes the victim seem very vulnerable and therefore an easy target for a villain.
  3. I intended for the audience to feel worried and fearful for the life of the victim by understanding that she is isolated in a very dark hallway with nowhere to go/escape. I also hoped the audience would feel helplessness as the victim is seemingly trapped at the edge of the room with the villain also seemingly entering from the open space. I also hoped the despairing look on the female victim would make the audience feel emotionally connected to her but in all feeling as if they have no control in stopping her inevitable fate.
  4. I think the main success of my short was the lighting as I believe it helped accomplish every purpose and intention I wanted within the still. For example, I think the very dark lighting helped signify the horror genre, while the beams of light seen on the left of the shot help tell the audience how far away from safety the victim is and therefore makes them feel worried for her. Moreover, I think the framing was extremely successful in making the victim seem vulnerable and disconnecting her from the audience while still ensuring they sympathize with her.
  5. In hindsight, I would have the leg of the villain coming into shot from the beams of light as I think this would help to make the victim seem as even more of a target and in turn make the audience feel even more worried and scared for her life.

1 comment:

  1. A very thorough analysis with excellent reflections too. Good use of appropriate terminology. Strong sense of impact of your choices on the audience; you also write very well about genre and your technical decisions. EBI: when referencing framing, don't forget to discuss distance as well as angle!

    ReplyDelete