Below is our finished music video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click the image below to view our finished website

Saturday 28 October 2017

R+P Post 13: Influences and inspiration from art, fashion and culture

Throughout the world of art, fashion and culture there are many artists/characters who's style influences the general public. Below are some of my influences behind my artist:

Usher

Usher is a 39 year old American singer, dancer, songwriter and actor who is world famous for his upbeat R&B songs and his 'U' necklace. This necklace is the first initial of Usher, but what really inspired me was how much it stands out and singles him out due to its uniqueness. My group took on this idea of a visual motif for our artist and began to brainstorm ideas, such as a recognizable necklace or hat.

This signature necklace can be seen in the following pictures:



















Stuart from 'The Internship'

Stuart is a character played by Dylan O'Brien in the comedy-hit 'The Internship'. Even though he is not one of the main characters in the film and in turn does not get as much screen time as some other characters, his personality and persona is still obvious for all to see. This is mainly due to his fashion choices, i.e through his beanie, glasses and him wearing smart shirts or cardigans; even though this would usually be associated with an awkward and nerdy character, Stuart is still seen by the audience as lovable and good-looking. This has definitely influenced my ideas when trying to form an identity for my groups artist as we want him to not only be smooth and charming- fitting R&B conventions- but also quirky and funny.

Below are some images of Dylan O'Brien from his role as Stuart in 'The Internship':

        


         

No comments:

Post a Comment