Below is our finished music video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click the image below to view our finished website

Friday 27 October 2017

R+P Post 5: The kind of music video I would like to make

I would like to make a music video which , as mentioned in Goodwin's theory on music videos, has both narrative and performance elements working together. I believe this would help to create an interesting music video which would appeal to our target audience.

I like how in the below clip of Ne-yo's music video, he constantly switches between performance shots of him dancing and then narrative shots of him trying to get the girl; it keeps the audience attached to the characters development whilst also entertaining them with well choreographed dance breaks.


What I also love from this particular music video, 'Miss Independent', is that the dance moves are relatively simple yet very effective. This would be important as it is unlikely we will find a group of professional dancers, so any simple moves which could be taught to amateurs makes dance breaks a more likely prospect.

I would also like to experiment with how the main singer/lead looks at or away from the camera; this will fit the common conventions of music videos which aim to break the fourth wall by using the notion of looking.


As you can see in the above clip from 'If I were a Boy', Beyoncé breaks the fourth wall by singing directly into the camera. This makes the audience feel a connection to the music and it is what made me love this song; I hope by incorporating something similar to this into my group's music video we will have the same effect on our audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment